Saturday, August 04, 2007

What a week!

Wow! It's been a crazy and exciting week. Especially for my mom and dad! First and most importantly, my new swing set and play house was delivered on Wednesday. Dad stayed home from work so I got to play all day long! I had so much fun. I was showing mommy everything I could do and decided to let go of the swing while it was in mid air and I flew off and landed on my back. Mom and Dad thought I was ok but I kept complaining that my belly hurt and pointing to my collar bone. So of course they got worried and called the dr. They told them to take me to the hospital for x-rays. So off we went to the ER. They checked me out and took x-rays (which I absolutely hated) but they said all my bones looked fine. Mom wanted to take pictures of me in my hospital gown, but Dad told her if she got the camera out, he would smash it. I don't know why. I'm so used to Mom taking pictures all the time. He said this is NOT a happy moment! She's dissapointed she didn't take some though cause that was my first hospital visit and she said one day we will look back and laugh about it. Here's a picture of my swing set.



THEN..... Mom and I were relaxing at home Friday after she picked me up from Ms. Chris's house when a major storm came through our area. She made me stop watching Go Diego Go and she turned on the news to see what they were saying about the storm, but they didn't act like it was a big one so she turned it back to my show. A little while later, we heard a big CRACK and BOOM and then a noise I can't even describe that went on for what seemed like forever. Finally when it stopped, we got up and ran into the kitchen to see that the huge locust tree in our yard had fallen over and was laying on our new addition and then neighbor's house. Mom said "Oh MY GOD!" Which of course has been my new saying for the weekend. We called Dad really quick and he said he was only 10 minutes away. But when he got closer, the road to our house was flooded so he had to turn around and go another way. Finally he got home and we got a crew together to clean up the mess. I'm so glad it didn't destroy our new addition and my new playset. But most of all, we are thankful everyone was ok. Here's some pictures of the mess.






(yep, that was my new sandbox I got for my birthday)

No comments: