Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just a little bragging ... by mom

Mom's taking over tonight, she has something to post.

I have the most amazing children anyone could ask for and they make me so proud and happy everyday. It's always nice though when someone compliments your children. I have to tell you that when we went to the mall to have the kids pictures taken, it was not the best experience for any of us. They were running behind and it took FOREVER. Landen had NO nap which is not a good thing and we were all hungry. He was so good though. He did what the lady asked him to do and was so polite, saying thank you when she said something nice and saying please when he wanted something. She told me how cute he was and how well he talked and how well mannered he was when we were done. Then we went to Friendly's to get something to eat and he ordered his ice cream and said please. And when the waitress brought it out, he came right out with a thank you. Mind you, I am not reminding him of his manners either. We went to Star Day (a small outside carnival type thing) and there was a clown making animals and things out of balloons and when the clown asked what he wanted, he said "I'll take a sword, please" and when he was done, he said "thank you!" The one clown commented to the other, "We need to take some of these kids down to Baltimore to teach those kids some manners!" He never fails to make me so proud every day. He is so sweet and kind. He dearly loves his sister too and with their sickness the past 2 weeks, the boogie sucker has been in great demand. He gets so upset when I'm "cleaning Maddie's nose out" and says, " Mom, why did you make my sister cry? She doesn't like that!" We've been trying to teach him to stay out of her face, so that they don't share germs so freely and he tells Daddy when he's playing with Maddie, or other children who like to get close to talk to her " Please, Get out of her face, she doesn't like that and we don't want to share germs!" :) How did my little man get so grown up? He's not even 3 yet and some days I feel like I'm having a conversation with a 10 yr old! Tomorrow is mother's day and I think I am the most blessed mother in the world. I'm going to spend the day loving up my babies!

No comments: