Sunday, January 24, 2010

January’s happenings

There's been a good bit going on, but I've been slacking in the blog department!  Hopefully I can get all caught up and keep up!  We've had a fun month so far.  Maddie started gymnastics.  It's going ... ok ... you see, Maddie is pretty independent and she wants to do what she wants to do when she wants to do it, so she's having a hard time doing what her coach tells her to do.  It's a Mommy and Me class, so Mommy gets the pleasure of dealing with Maddie's meltdowns because she doesn't want to do what the class is supposed to do.  If you ask Maddie if she likes it, she says yes and if you ask her if she had fun, she says yes, so they are going to stick it out until this session is over, but will really reconsider signing up again in the near future!  She does look pretty cute in her leotard though!

DSC09869a DSC09860a

I have started practicing for indoor soccer.  The games will start this coming Saturday.  Mom didn't get any pictures yet, but I'm sure she will soon.  I'm doing great with that, having no problems joining my team even though Mom and Dad are on the bench watching.  Actually, Dad has been helping out and doing some assistant coaching.  I'm really excited for the games to start.  We also signed up for Tball which will start in the spring.  This is the first year I'm eligible to play! 

We had one or two "warm" days ... where the temp was in the 40's ... and we walked up to the school (it was Martin Luther King Jr. day and the kids were off) and played on the playground.  We had a blast and now we're itching for spring. 

DSC09965a DSC09924-1a DSC09927 DSC09930 DSC09935a DSC09937-1a DSC09939

DSC09943

 

Me doing sign language …

DSC09945  

 

DSC09948a

 

You’re probably on picture overload, but today we also did something really fun – bowling!  I had the BEST time and I asked if we could come back tomorrow! 

 DSC09977 DSC09979

The Scrivens family came along too and Riley had fun too!DSC09973DSC09980 DSC09982 DSC09983 DSC09989 DSC09990 DSC09993 DSC09995 DSC09999 DSC09969 DSC09970

I think I’ve gotten you all caught up now!  This month just flew by!  Only one more week in January!! 

No comments: