Ok, it’s been way too long to even have a really good excuse, so I’m just going to pretend like it hasn’t been over a month since I last posted and tell you about my conversation with Maddie in the car the other day. The more I think about it, the funnier it gets and I really want to record it before I forget it. So, we’re driving down the road and she starts hiccupping.
Me: “Oh man, you have the hiccups?”
(yes, I often state the obvious, I think it’s a Mom thing)
Maddie: “Yea, I think I got them from Bubba”
Me: “What?”
Maddie: “Well, that’s what he has, the hiccups and the boogie nose, right? I used his toothbrush you know, but then I used mine.”
Me: (nearly dying trying not to laugh out loud) “Hiccups are not contagious, and PLEASE don’t use your brother’s toothbrush!!!”
Oh this girl. And today, she peed in her pants. It’s not that she doesn’t know she has to go, she doesn’t want to stop what she is doing long enough to go to the bathroom. Which is super annoying, but anyway, she peed in her pants, and I said, “Now what do you think you should do? –thinking by now, she knows she has to go in the bathroom and take her wet clothes off and
she says, “Not lie, but I didn’t lie, I really did pee in my pants.”
Me: “No, get in the bathroom and take off your wet clothes and take them to the laundry.”
Maddie: “Ok, and then can I put on that skirt I wanted to wear this morning??”
AHHHHHHHHHH!
Me: “No, you have to put your pajama pants on!”
Maddie: (crying- not because she peed her pants, or because she’s embarassed, or sorry, but because she has to put her pj pants on) “BUT MOM, THEY don’t MATCH my shirt!”
Maybe that’s the key to get her to stop what she is doing long enough to go to the potty!
Never a dull moment!
Hopefully I’ll be back in the next day or two with a catch up post!





No comments:
Post a Comment