Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summer Vacation 08

We left for South Carolina on July 2nd. We planned to drive as far as we could the first night, stay in a hotel room and finish our trip the next morning. Mom and Dad had no idea that we had our own agenda! We fell asleep around 8pm, our normal bedtime and Dad figured we'd cruise our way through half the trip and stop when he got tired. Well, it was around 11pm and he decided to look for a place to stay. We found a nice hotel and checked in. By the time we were in the building, I was crying, saying I wanted to go home. We got to our room and they tried their hardest to get us to go to sleep, but if I wasn't crying, Maddie was. Dad said well, we can listen to them cry on the way down the road, so we got back in the truck and continued on. ($117.00) later of course!!! We fell back to sleep not long after we were back in the truck and Dad just stopped and got him an energy drink to help keep him awake! We arrived close to 4am. Of course, Maddie and I were pretty well rested and all energized. Mom and Dad just wanted to sleep! We did let them sleep a little bit, and then it was up and at 'em! We headed to the lake the next day, that was where we would celebrate the 4th of July. Aunt Lynn and Uncle Rolaid have a house on the lake and it's only about an hour away from their house. I caught 7 fish within the first 30 minutes we were there!!! It was so cool to fish from the dock and they were obviously hungry!!! We had a great time at the lake, Lynn had planned a birthday celebration for me and Maddie since she misses our birthdays. We had a pinata and streamers, and of course, cake and presents!!! We went out on the boat to watch the fireworks and Maddie and I both loved it. She especially loved the boat. She would get all excited and then by the time we headed back, she was asleep every time! We took lots of boat rides! We headed back to Lynn's house on the 6th. We got to swim in her pool, and go to fun places. We went to Frankie's Fun park where I rode my first go kart! I loved it! We went to the Greenville zoo, it was sooooooooooooo hot that day though, so we kinda rushed through it. My favorite animal was the monkeys, they would make funny noises at us and the one orangutan was playing peek a boo with the kids next to us. She had a blanket and would put it over her face and then pop out. It was so funny! We got to see Papa John, Marcia, Drew and Molly. I had fun dragging Papa John upstairs all the time to look for toys and he has the BEST popsicles (banana) ... Maddie and I both enjoyed them! We had a great vacation. I was kinda confused, especially at bedtime. I wanted to go home and didn't understand that we weren't just 10 mintues away. I was pretty whiny and grumpy alot, but as soon as we got back home, I was back to my normal self. Mom is still trying to figure that one out! I like to keep her guessing! She took almost 500 pictures, so here are a few from our trip.

No comments: