Saturday, August 09, 2008

Dutch Wonderland

Dad took off this past Friday so we could all go up to Dutch Wonderland. I was excited, but didn't really know what to expect. We had such a fun time! They had lots of rides and games and even a water park!

This was my first ride


It whipped you around the corners. FUN FUN FUN!

Then we got to ride the Monster trucks. Even Dad got to ride that one!


Maddie was really content in her stroller, Mom kept feeding her cheerios and her puffy things so she was happy. She liked watching all the kids running around too. She would squeal real loud when the rides started up. I think she wanted to ride too.



Then we went to the Frog Hopper. I wasn't too sure about it. I wanted Dad to ride with me, but when we got on, there was another lady in the only "Adult" seat. So Dad put me on and walked away. I started to get upset and the lady was so nice, she said, "Here, your Dad can ride with you if that will make you feel better!" So Dad got to ride.



After it started, I LOVED it. I begged to go back the whole day. We rode it 4 or 5 times!



This is us as an Amish family, I'm the typical boy, not looking at the camera!



There was a special visitor at Dutch Wonderland ... THOMAS! They had a little show where we were singing and dancing and clapping. It was alot of fun. I was a little disappointed that he didn't do anything other than stick his face out of the doors and toot his horn, but it was still neat to see him in person! We even got our pictures taken with him. I was having a hard time posing by myself, I kept looking back at Thomas like he was going to run over me or something, so Mom posed for a picture with me too!







We had lunch and then headed over to the water park.



Maddie loved these little fountains. They would even come up and hit her in the face and she would laugh and keep trying to get them!





Here she is, showing how well she can stand alone. She's waiting for one to shoot up at her.


CHEESE!





I was watching some other kids push these silver buttons and the water would squirt out. I told Dad that I wanted to do that too. He said ok, go ahead. As you can see in the picture, there is a green squirter right at my head level. Well ..... I reached up really tall and pushed the silver button above that one and the water squirted right in my MOUTH! Everyone was cracking up because it must have looked so funny. Mom said I turned around and had water pouring out of my mouth! I just shook it off and kept playing. It is pretty funny now that I look back on it.



I wanted Dad to do these cool water slides with me, but the man said "No adults!" I was really brave and went down all by myself!



That's me, behind the big splash!



We finished up at the water park and got changed and headed out for more rides. Poor Maddie couldn't stay awake any longer and took a little snooze.



We rode the bumper cars and the roller coaster while she was sleeping.



When we went to pick up the Thomas picture on our way out, I saw where they took pictures of kids dressed up like knights and princesses. I told Mom I wanted to dress up like a knight. She said she didn't think so, but I begged and asked really nicely so she let me. It was so cool! She was surprised at how well I sat to get my picture taken ... I was really just happy to play with the sword.



Here's our little family on the way out. I had to get a sword to take home as my souvineir (that was my word for the day! LOL)



What a fun day! I have been asking since the time we got in the truck to come home when we can come back.

No comments: