Sunday, November 01, 2009

Happy Halloween!!


Hope you had a Happy Halloween! We sure did. Our trick or treat night (which is never on Halloween in our town) was a wash out. It was cloudy with drizzle all day long and the closer it got to trick or treat time, the heavier the rain got. We went out anyway and went around our block. Maddie and I had nice warm costumes, so we didn't mind a bit. We didn't get any pics from that night because Mom didn't want her camera wet and she was too busy trying to keep Maddie from falling in the puddles. This picture was taken a week or so ago ... Mom must be learning that trick or treat night usually always brings crappy weather!!

On Friday, we had a Halloween party at school and Mom got to be a helper that day. Maddie came along too because Mom thought she'd really enjoy all the costumes and the fun school stuff. We both had an awesome time!! Here are some pics from the party. (Maddie was dressed as Abby Cadabby from Sesame street and I was a Redskins player. Our Lion and Chicken costumes were a little too warm for being inside the school all day)









Here's a little video of us dancing in class...



This weekend, we went camping at Codorus. They have what they call Halloween in the Park where the campers decorate their campsites and hand out candy to the Trick or Treaters. We got to Trick or Treat Friday night without any rain!!







Our campsite was covered in leaves, so we raked them into a big pile and jumped in them all day on Saturday!!





When we woke up Saturday morning, I told Mom and Dad I had a headache. This was the first time I've ever specifically said I had a headache. So they gave me some tylenol and I was feeling pretty good and playing with Maddie and our cousins. Well, by Saturday late afternoon, I was running a fever and with all the H1N1 stuff going around, Mom and Dad got a little concerned. They kept giving me the tylenol and motrin to keep the fever at bay and my headache gone and when I woke up Sunday morning, I was pretty well fever free and ready to go (Other than being extremely tired) This is the 2nd camping trip this year where I have gotten sick while camping. Let's hope it's the last time. It's bad enough when you're at home and sick, but it's even worse to be away and sick (especially for the parents!)

While I was resting with Dad on the couch Sunday afternoon watching football, and Mom was getting caught up with her emails from the weekend, Maddie got really quiet. Mom went looking for her and this is what she found ...



such cuteness ... reading a book, in her Abby tutu, Trinity's sweatshirt and my boots which are on the wrong feet. We love this little girl!!!

and I'll leave you with one more of Maddie the chicken and Landen the lion:

We had a very eventful Halloween!!

No comments: