Friday, July 23, 2010

A mother’s dream

Yep, that’s what my kids are…. this is what I found today when I went looking to see what they were doing.  I took 2 pics before they even knew I was in the room. 

DSC09994

DSC09995

Maddie in her princess towel (she hadn’t even just had a bath, she just likes to wear it) and Landen playing with the toy … happily and quietly playing together. 

I love that they love each other. 

I love that they are together every day and when one of them is somewhere else, they miss each other like crazy. 

I love how when Maddie is upset, Landen tries to make her happy and vice versa. 

I love that Maddie calls Landen her king and asks him to marry her.

I love that he tells her he can’t marry her, but he will always be her brother and she will be his sister.

I love that she still calls him bubba.

Just last night, Landen was at the Rev’s game with Daddy and it was getting close to bedtime and Maddie came to me and said,  “Mama, can I call my Bubba?” 

They are simply the best and I love them to pieces!

 

PS:  That is Maddie’s new bed and I am SO proud to say that she is doing better in it than we ever imagined!  We may have to take all the books out from around her when we go to bed but she is IN her bed and that’s what counts!  When she wakes up, she sits there and calls for us, just like she would be in her crib. 

Now to get rid of the diapers and nut nuts!  (She says she is ready to get rid of the diapers, but not her nut nuts (pacifier)). 

No comments: