
Today was election day. After many weeks of hearing the political ads on TV, I'm cracking my parents up by repeating parts of the commercials "...and I approve this message!" I was so excited to vote today, and the voting took place at MY school! Yep, I didn't have school today, which made it very confusing for me. Mom told me it was closed, and when we pulled in, I shouted, "I told you Mom, school isn't closed, look at all these cars!" We got in and the gym was filled with people and some were behind these black boxes. I asked if we were getting our pictures taken. Mom said nope, the voting goes on behind those. We waited in line (a looooooong time for us little ones) and finally it was our turn. I even got an I VOTED sticker! As we were leaving, I said "Wait, I didn't see John McCain and Barak Obama!" Mom chuckled and explained that they weren't HERE, we were voting for the president through the computer thingy. This whole voting thing was a bit confusing for me, but I had fun going along. I'm excited to see who wins the most votes and becomes our next president!





No comments:
Post a Comment