We decided to take a road trip to South Carolina to see our family while Dad was in the mountains for 2 weekends in a row. We left on Saturday the 18th around nap time. Mom and Nanny thought that we would nap for the first part of the trip. Boy were they wrong. We weren't tired! We behaved really well though and made it all the way to Christianburg VA. Yep, we attempted the hotel again. If you recall, the hotel was NOT my favorite place last time we headed down south. This time it was much better. I was upset at first and then Mom said, "it's just like camping!" We got supper and ate it on our beds, then watched some tv and fell asleep. ((I forgot to mention that I had been to the dr. on Friday with a really bad cough. Turns out, I had an ear infection.)) So we headed out the next day for Lynn's house. We got there around 2:00 and we were so happy to be out of the car! We had such a great time visiting with our family. Lynn has this really big bathtub and it has JETS! It makes for a really cool bubble bath!

We got to have a few visits with Papa John, Marcia, Drew and Molly. We played the wii mostly while we were there. They were amazed at my wii abilities!

They always have yummy banana popcicles too!

We visited a park

and Lynn and Rolaid's lake house where we got to ride on the boat!


We had a great time ... other than me passing my sickness to everyone! By the middle of the week, Mom, Maddie and Lynn had really bad colds/coughs. We took Maddie to the pediatrician down there because she had a fever and we thought maybe it was her ears, but she checked out ok. The ride home was pretty good, Maddie was feeling crappy and slept alot. She had to go back to the dr when we got back and sure enough, she had a rotten infection! I keep asking when we can go to Lynn's and Papa John's again. Even though I definitely remember that 10 hour drive, I can't seem to understand they are not "just down the street!" I can't wait till we go back though! Next time we want to take Dad along, we sure did miss him!
No comments:
Post a Comment