Sunday, October 31, 2010

Squirrel Pot pie anyone?

This Saturday was a big day for Landen.  He has been wanting to go hunting with Daddy for a long time.  Of course, he’s not old enough to actually do the hunting, but as long as he is wearing orange and not operating a gun, he can go along with Dad.  He had an awesome time and they came home with SIX squirrels! 

IMG_9962

   Landen says he liked hunting in the day light better than the dark … Jake said it was FREEZING when they first got out there, he had Landen all bundled up but he was still shivering … once the sun came up and they started moving around, he warmed up fast though!  IMG_9951

 

Little miss fearless!  I cannot believe she touched the squirrels, much less picked them up.  They were GROSS looking and she was not afraid at all.  She had asked to go hunting with them, but Daddy told her she had to be 5.  I wonder if she’ll have a different opinion on hunting in 2 years??? 

I think it’s hilarious how she can be such a girly girl princess one second and a hunter handling dead, bloody animals the next second …  :)

IMG_9954

1 comment:

Paige said...

haha, I love this! She is a little miss fearless! CB would throw up just seeing it!