...posted by Mom:
Going to Nanny's house for lunch,
Spend 15 minutes or more gathering all the things the kids will need while we're there ... it's only 15 minutes for this trip because we are going to Nanny's and she has alot of the gear (cups, high chair for Maddie, booster for Landen, etc.)
Get both kids in the truck, and buckled, start the truck, and it starts ...
Landen: I wanna listen to Chicken Fried
Dad hits the CD button and puts it on number 6.
Landen sings for a little while
Landen: Who sings this song?
Mom: Zach Brown Band, you know that!
Landen: I know, I was just joking.
more singing
Landen: What instruments does Zach Brown Band play?
Mom: Hmmm, guitar?
Landen: I think maybe a banjo or fiddle.
Mom: Ok, you're probably right.
Landen: I'm not buckled!
Mom turns head swiftly and sees the buckles are still in place
Mom: Yes, you are Landen.
Landen: I know, I was just joking
Landen: I wanna listen to number 8
Mom: Don't you mean number 6? (chicken fried is over and I thought that was the only song he knew on that cd)
Landen: No, number 8
So I put it on number 8 and he starts singing. Jake and I look at each other and chuckle because he knows most of the words to a song we've rarely heard and certainly hadn't paid attention to.
Landen: What's funny?
Mom: Nothing.
Landen: I'm good aren't I? (he means his singing) LOL
Mom: Yes, you're good.
Landen: What's the name of this song?
Mom: I'm not sure.
Landen: Dad, what's the name of this song?
Dad: I have no idea buddy
Landen: What instruments do they play in this song?
Mom: Not sure, the fiddle maybe?
Landen: I don't hear a fiddle.
Dad: Maybe it's drums, I hear the drums
Landen: Does Zach Brown Band have drums like me?
Dad: Yep!
Landen: Why does my drum set only have one cymbal?
Dad: Your's is a beginner drum set.
Landen pauses for only just a second.
Landen: Who sings this song?
Mom: Zach Brown Band, they sing every song on this CD
Landen: Holy Cow!
Landen: I wanna listen to number 8 again, that's my favorite song.
Finally we arrive at Moms,
Landen: Why did you turn the truck off? I was listening to that song!
Dad: We're here, we've got to go in and eat lunch!
We unpack the kids and all their stuff and decide we're ready for a nap. It takes maybe 10 minutes to get from our house to Mom's house, so you can imagine this conversation took the whole ride there. It's like this for every car ride. No matter how far we go! :) I can only imagine what it will be like when Maddie talks this much!
3 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment