Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bye Bye Iraq! Uncle Brian is back!!

Thursday was a very special day too. The week before, Mom along with Nanny, Papa and Brent had gone to Ft. Dix NJ to welcome Brian home. They got to spend 2 hrs with him before he had to go into debriefing where they kept him for another week. Maddie and I didn't get to go along then because it was so far away and the times kept changing and that's just not a good mix for kids under 5. Luckily we got to go when the bus brought them back into York and the best part was that he gets to come home to Nanny's house now. I was so excited to see him and when the time got changed ... AGAIN ... I was upset, but finally the time came to head to York to pick him up. I asked Mom when we got in the car just how long it was going to take us to get to Iraq. I still don't have a grasp on where he was or what he was doing, but I'm pretty sure it was really important. I was so happy when the bus pulled up and everyone started cheering and waving flags.

Here I am waving my flag so high in hopes Briany would see me ...







We missed you Brian!!


Maddie was a little shy at first, but she warmed up quickly!


We were also briefly on the news that night. In the beginning right before they say "dismissed" you can see the back of Nanny, Papa and Brent. Then about half way through the clip, you can see Maddie and I with our flags.

click below to see the news clip
news story

No comments: