Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Vacation 2009 post 1.

We left our house around lunch time on the 16th of Aug. Our game plan was to get as far as we could, get a hotel and spend the night and arrive at the beach on Monday the 17th. Not long after we hit the road, we ran into this ...




and guess who had to pee ...



We had to pull over and loose our place in line so that I could relieve myself along the side of the highway. Dad was worried we wouldn't get back in, but a nice lady in a minivan waved us in front of her and she was grinning from ear to ear. We figure she must be a mom herself and knows the prediciment we were in.

We made it to our hotel and it was close to bedtime but to wear ourselves out, we headed to the indoor pool and hot tub. There wasn't any freaking out this time in the hotel, all was good. We swam and played some and then went to bed

Here's Daddy and Maddie in the hot tub


And a froggy friend who hopped up on the window while we were swimming



The next morning, we hit the road again after breakfast and stopped quick at South of the Border before finishing our trip to the beach



We got to our hotel a little before check in time, but we went on in anyway and luckily our room was ready for us. We unloaded everything, parked the truck and changed into our suits so we could go down to the beach.

We weren't too crazy about the waves and the sand was ok...






So we headed to the pool deck at the hotel where they have a grill and bar right as you go out to the beach and got a hotdog



Then we hit up the lazy river, which quickly became known as the "razy liver" ... now that's what I call fun. Dad and I floated around for a long time, the best part for me was the kids who ran around in there bumping into everyone. I was cracking up!!



Maddie liked it too, but as with everything she does, it only lasted a few times around. She couldn't sit still long enough for something like that, so her and Mom were usually in the kiddie pool.

The next morning, we got up and ready and headed to the Ripley's Aquarium. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to see the sharks!











Look, I even held this horseshoe crab!!


I told Maddie if she was scared, I would hold her hand. She was a little scared and I did just like I told her I would!


The scuba divers in there were cleaning the tank. They were in there with the SHARKS! They had these stick things they would wave around when the sharks came near. Two people were on the look out while one person was doing the scrubbing.




The rest of our days were filled with playing a little on the beach ... which we seemed to like better in the evenings when it wasn't as crowded or hot.







Playing in the pools at the hotel ... (Lynn and Kelsey joined us for 2 days while we were at the beach)





No comments: